Adaptation to training:
- musculoskeletal responses to exercise/training
- hormonal responses to exercise/training
- neurologic responses to exercise/training
- cardiorespiratory responses to exercise/training
- immunologic responses to exercise/training
Stretching: the facts vs. the myths
Training & detraining:
- warming up & cooling down
The continuum of training stages:
- overreaching & overtraining
Drs. Gerard van der Poel is movement scientist, specialized in exercise physiology. Since 1993, he has been working from his own company Infomotion at the intersection of science and practice. Gerard is a very experienced and knowledgeable teacher in several (post-)academic courses in the field of exercise Physiology & Training.
His expertise lies in the scientific foundation of stretching, the exercise physiology and physical training of the elderly, diabetes patients an patients with coronary heart disease(s). Gerard van der Poel is also (co-)author of several books and articles in professional journals.