As a sports dietician, I am specialized in guiding athletes and people with an active lifestyle. Since professionalism is very important to me, I started to look internationally at how others approach this. I was the first Belgian sports nutritionist to go to the States to hear what scientific research was done and to exchange ideas with colleagues about how to translate this into practice.
I keep following international innovations in everything that has to do with movement and nutrition. For 30 years now I have been guiding people in their search for a healthy balance between sports, functional eating and performance. Preferably in a tasty and sustainable way. For those who have little time and who like to be behind the stove.
I like to inspire people to make the most of their time in a creative way. Everyone has their own story and I think it is important to know who I work with, what motivates them and what conditions they have to work with every day. This enables me to deliver tailor-made solutions.
Ria Vanderstraeten is an international expert in her field, below you will find a selection of her achievements::
- member of the Flemish working group on Nutrition and Movement
- member NOC*NSF pool Sports nutritionists/Team nutrition
- supervision Flemish gymnasts World Cup, European Championship artistic gymnastics, World Games
- guest lecturer in sports nutrition at various courses (UGent, VUB, STIO, Vesalius, KTA wielerschool, BLOSO, FEG, Fitness Organisatie, Syntra)
- Vice-chairman of the Committee on Sport Nutrition of the Flemish Professional Association of Nutrition Experts and Dieticians
- Board member of the Flemish Association for Sports Medicine
- member EFAD ESDN Sports and physical activity
- author of the magazine and guest lecturer Association for Physical Education
- speaker symposium ‘Sports performance: the role of food and food supplements’ – Brussels
- speaker Sports Nutrition Conference – Olympic Health Foundation – Brussels
- speaker FIMS world congress – Orlando
- Associate Member American College of Sports Medicine
- Speaker Congress Belgian Association of Sports Physical Therapists
- author BodyTalk
- member of the Netherlands Sports Dietetics Association
- Sports dietician Centre for Sports Medicine UZ Gent
- guidance rowers Royal Belgian Rowing Federation to Olympic Games Athens 2004